While grout is an essential product to keeping the tiles in your home joined together, in high traffic areas, maintaining clean grout can be difficult. Additionally, if you neglect cleaning for a period of time, it can get extremely dirty. The longer it’s neglected, the harder it is to clean.
Because grout is quite similar in structure to a sponge, it is extremely porous. The small holes in it are sufficiently big enough to let dust particles and moisture in to get trapped, while preventing a cleaning brush from cleaning it out thoroughly. This is what makes cleaning grout quite a challenge.
It is a good idea to have your grout professionally cleaned. Professional tile and grout cleaning can have your floors looking as wonderful as the day the tiles were installed.
A Mug You Can Trust has spent years keeping the tile and grout clean in homes in Gilbert, Chandler, Mesa, Apache Junction, Queen Creek, Tempe, Scottsdale, Ahwatukee, and Phoenix, Arizona.
Here are five tips to clean grout that will make this task a little easier.
- If you have a very large area of grout to clean or it is extremely dirty, your best solution may be hiring a professional with proper equipment. The best carpet cleaning service method is steam-cleaning grout using high-pressure vapor. Not only does it deep clean the grout and remove grease, stains and dirt but also removes mildew, mold and sanitizes.
- For touch ups between professional floor cleaning, combine baking soda with a small amount of white vinegar and use a small brush or old toothbrush to scrub your grout, and then rinse with warm water.
- Believe it or not, another floor cleaning tip is to spray shaving cream on a small grout stain. Let the shaving cream sit for a few minutes and then scrub with a small brush.
- Using a silicon-based grout sealer will help keep grout clean. Apply one or two coats to dry grout to protect from water and stain damage.
- There are many different types of tiles such as granite, ceramic, marble and slate. Be sure to research the proper cleaning chemicals before undertaking grout cleaning on your own. Enlisting the help of a professional floor cleaner is the safest bet to helping maintain your tile and grout with minimal cost, fuss and hassle.
About A Mug You Can Trust
With more than 35 years of carpet cleaning experience, A Mug You Can Trust uses state-of-the-art equipment providing exceptional results for homes, commercial and retail businesses. A Mug You Can Trust values their customers by doing what they say they’ll do, on time, for one guaranteed price, with no hidden charges. Call A Mug You Can Trust at (480) 626-3492 or email email@example.com for a carpet cleaning estimate.